The SunMover is an intelligent and GPS-controlled solar system which automatically tracks the sun's path during the day. It is equipped with a specifically designed 75 Watt solar module which is always perfectly aimed at the sun - hence providing optimal energy yield.
The average yield is equivalent to that of about three fixed horizontal 75 Watt solar modules. The SunMover system thus saves a lot of space on the vehicle roof and is very easy to operate by simply pressing a button.
The enhanced yield of the SunMover system is even greater in winter (up to factor 7). During the winter months, the sun is always low over the horizon, and horizontally positioned modules only generate a minimal yield, accordingly.
Why GPS? The term GPS (Global Positioning System) is usually associated with navigation systems. But what has a solar system to do with a navigation system? Usually, nothing. However, the SunMover system uses GPS data to determine the precise position of the system, date and time. Using this information, the SunMover system calculates its precise position relative to the sun. Even on cloudy days the solar module is then aimed directly at the sun and provides maximum yield.
* Intelligent solar system with 75 Wp solar module to automatically track the sun during the day
* Operator panel with illuminated display in: DE, GB, FR, NL, IT, ES, SE, DK, FI and PT
* Operator panel designed for either recessed or surface mounting
* Software updates easy to carry out using standard SD memory card
* Automatic opening at dawn and retraction at dusk (optional)
* GPS control with continuous transfer of date, time, sun position and vehicle position. This ensures an optimal position relative to the sun and a constant maximum energy yield
* Low space requirements due to single solar module
* Convenient operation: push-button control, enhanced mobility
* Yield advantage: The self-tracking 75 Watt solar module provides a yield equivalent to about three single horizontal 75 Watt modules
(measured over the period of one year in London, depends from season and weather)
* Low power consumption of motor unit
* Automatic retraction at vehicle start
* Highest quality constuction using robust materials
* 3-year warranty and reliable service provided by Oyster
System fitting available on request from Southdowns Motorcaravans.